Wednesday 14 July 2010

37 weeks pregnant

And the nursery is finished! Finishing touches done, and we're good to go. Gracie-wiggle get your skates on and show your face!









Had a fun afternoon this week theorising over a playlist for the labour ward. I'm actually not a fan of music when I'm strung out, so in actual fact the list is staying in my head, but I did enjoy putting a few thoughts out there...
The LABOUR WARD TOP 10...

1) I'm torn (Natalie Imbruglia).... idea courtesy of Kevin - thanks for that, ouch!
2) Supermassive black hole (Muse)... my own offering, along with
3) The final countdown (Europe)... and
4) The ring of fire (Johnny Cash).
5) Shout (Lulu)... thanks to Laura.
6) Like a virgin (Madonna)... bit late for that Nicola!
7) Scream if you want [it] to go faster (Gerri Halliwell)... from Kevin and Laura.
8) Ripcord (Radiohead)... not a nice thought Laura!
9) Dignity (Deacon Blue)... as Laura says - for that sense of irony...
10) Everybody Hurts (R.E.M)... from Frances.

Others included "Help" (The Beatles), and "It's the end of the world as we know it!" (R.E.M). Thanks for all the ideas guys!!

So now that's done its down to business. No new pregnancy perks this week, but we did have a period last weekend whereby Gracie-wiggle stopped 'doing the dance' so to speak. After advice from the midwife went in to the maternity assessment unit at the hospital for a spot of monitoring. 45 minutes strapped up to a machine and we're back in business - fetal heart rate and movements all fine. Just been overdoing things it would seem, and so Matt the Husband and Daisy-woof have taken over garden duties so I can put my feet up.



37 weeks down, 3 weeks to due date... its getting so close I can smell it! I'm considered 'full term' today, as most women go into labour between 37 and 42 weeks. Little G-W is fully developed and now just putting some fat on her bones ready for arrival. Can't wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment