Monday 19 April 2010

24 weeks pregnant

Well I had my 25 week midwife appointment today. I'm actually 24 weeks 4 days, but she's only in on a Monday. Was surprised to see a new face inviting me into the consult room, apparently my midwife Mandy 'left very quickly' and now I have Fiona to look after me until G-wiggle is born.

Fiona did some routine checks on my blood pressure, foetal heart beat (15-160bpm), and says everything seems to be moving along normally. Apparently I have a 'neat' bump. We have scheduled my next two ante-natal appointments. I'm going to St. James Hospital for my 28 week appointment where they'll test urine, draw blood to check iron levels and a few other measures, along with giving me an injection of Anti-D (which apparently is to do with me having a rhesus negative blood group). I have no idea what Anti-D does or is for so I'm off to google that tonight so I can shed some light on it for my Husband (no idea why I didn't ask the midwife, must be my preg-head!). Assuming everything's ok at 28 weeks, I see the midwife again at 31 weeks. Time is moving quickly now!

The midwife has today issued my MATB1 which is the form I submit to my employer in readiness for claiming maternity benefits. I have today also given written notice of my intended maternity leave - I'm taking 4 weeks holiday from 25th June then starting mat-leave on 24th July... a week or so before B-DAY! The HR Manager says I can take less holiday and carry some over to next year, so I'm going to aim for 25th June and see how I feel. If I'm feeling good and the weather is poor I may work another week or so, I can cross that bridge when I get to it and its nice to know they're flexible.

Lastly, I have posted my claim form to receive the governments Health in Pregnancy Grant, which will see £190 hitting the account at some point in the coming weeks. Of course I will abide by its intention and spend the lot on healthy fruit and vegetables. (Or it may buy the car seat). We'll see.

24 weeks down, 16 to go, and 11 left at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment