Sunday 3 October 2010

Every home needs a Frances

The Supernanny.

Every first-time Mum should have one. And with Jo Frost having her own TV show and thus far outside my humble grasp, I've taken up the services of her understudy. Frances. Now anyone who knows Frances, knows that she knows best. And what a relief it was to have a visit from her last week, taking the reins and steering me and Grace into a rose-tinted harmonious mothering experience. Well, almost.

With Frances 1 year BB. (Before Baby).



Frances was characteristically superb at getting me on the straight and narrow, but the rose-tint prophecy has been shelved to make way for REALITY. Putting things into perspective is something Frances does best, and I'm thankful to have such a great friend. In the space of a whirlwind lunch visit, Frances had me slowing down (yes really - why do you think I didn't blog last week?!), and taking stock. This is my life now, and I can't expect to rattle off 10 things on my to-do list before Matt the Husband has had time to eat his toast on a morning. (That's no.3 on my list by the way).

Grace with her Daddy.


Jokes aside, a cloud has lifted and I'm getting to grips with the task of raising a little person. And a hungry one at that.

With all the developing Grace has been doing, we have one hungry baby on our hands. Since I posted last, Grace has been working on her emerging smile, strengthening her push-up technique and becoming a versatile lady who can say BALLS to the routine and still be a contented little baby. (N.B. this is NOT a euphemism of the militant how-to book authored by 'She-who-cannot-be-named Ford'!!)




So a little more relaxed as I enter the eighth week with Lady Grace. We have had a weekend away to my Father's 76th birthday party where Grace met Great Uncle Frank for the first time. And along with it a visit to the legendary 'Norfolk Kitchen' for lunch as well as the rock 'n' roll service of an American Diner on our way back up the A1 to Yorkshire.

My Uncle Frank.

No comments:

Post a Comment