Wednesday 6 June 2012

Bloomin' Marvellous

Ha! Bet you thought I was putting pen to paper about the wonderful Mr Bloom again? Not so. As much the thought of Mr Bloom (with his ruddy complexion and dirty fingernails) still makes me want to watch an episode so I can sing along with Margaret the Cabbage and Sebastian the Aubergine (my personal favourite), this is more about watching two children blossom.

Grace and Dimitris were born a blink apart from one another some 22 months ago, and looking back at some old photos from when they were 6 months old makes me sit back and take stock at how much they have changed and developed in that time. Distance means we don't see Dimitris, son of my cousin Christina, as much as we'd like but whenever we do get together it's always fascinating seeing them play and go about their little lives. I want to capture the energy I get from watching them.... if only I could bottle it, taking a sneaky sniff to perk me up when I'm lagging at the office perhaps?






I love their expressions in this sequence. Getting them to stand together now took a bit of bribery (the promise of cake) but getting them to look in the same direction at the same time was impossible. Grace is teething too, hence the hand stuffed into her mouth. The only way we could make her take her hand out was to get them to clap!

At six months old, we just plonked them on the mat together and hey presto - photo! So much easier!

Christina and me, we're 18 months apart and enjoyed family holidays, occasions and time together growing up. Just like Grace and Dimitris are - being so close in age it's interesting - so many difference between them already. Love it, love it! Bloomin' marvellous!

No comments:

Post a Comment