Thursday 3 February 2011

New Month's Resolution



Yes 3 days late I know, but we won't be picky, will we? And we won't hold me to this resolution either, as then it becomes pressure. And you know how I hate pressure. So we'll call it something I intend, ney, hope to stick to, as I know I will reap the benefits.

With my return to work looming... a mere 3 days left until the laptop gets an airing... I have been feeling increasingly blue and riding the waves of the doldrums - neither high nor low, just somewhat flat and going nowhere. Thanks to support from Matt the [long-suffering] Husband and Grace [the darling daughter] I have been motivated to shake off the blues before I get bogged down in the ever decreasing circles that are my head at the moment, I have decided to nip it in the bud before Spring arrives.

Up to Christmas I had been attending a yoga class with my favourite teacher Joanna with my good friend Sheli. We didn't stick it as the classes are such a distance and the weather over winter has been less than kind... you may have already heard the story of the snow and ice ride home that took hours and comprised several skids, spins and swear words. It was also denting my pocket somewhat as Joanna is Waitrose and I need Netto at the moment. Anyway, I'm rambling.

Yoga. Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga. Clears the mind, tones the body and hopefully will get me off to a good start to each day. My goal is to do a home practice, even if it's just 20-30 minutes, every day in February. Ok so I missed 3 already, so just remember we aren't being picky! My self-imposed challenge starts here. The mat is out and I'm raring to go. How I feel about this in the morning when I wake with a heavy head to a hungry baby and a kitchen splattered with porridge remains to be seen. I know Grace will support me, in fact I rather feel she will delight in watching me balance on my head while the dog tries to lick me to death.

Wish me luck. I am certain to need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment